1. The law firms of Sutts, Strosberg LLP and Charney Lawyers commenced three class actions with respect to falling balcony glass at three condominium developments located in Toronto, Ontario:
• Murano Towers located at 37 Grosvenor Street and 38 Grenville Street;
• Festival Tower located at 80 John Street; and
• One Bedford at Bloor, located at 1 Bedford.
2. The plaintiffs in all actions allege that the defendants are responsible to them and the members of the class for the lost use of their balconies and for the diminished value of their units.
3. Sutts, Strosberg LLP and Charney Lawyers held two town hall meetings in July, 2012 in Toronto with owners and residents from the three buildings.
4. On October 3, 2013, Justice Belobaba certified all three actions as class proceedings.
5. To provide your information to us, complete a questionnaire by one of the following methods:
• On-line; or
• Download a copy and provide the completed questionnaire to us by email or by toll free fax at 1.866.316.5308.
6. If you wish to speak to someone for assistance, please call Sutts, Strosberg LLP, toll free 1.800.229.5323, extension 8296 or Charney Lawyers at 416.964.7950, extension 246.
7. If you would like to learn more about how a class action works, please click here.